Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Pre-Witched"

Description: "While the sisters must deal with the possibility of being seperated as the newlyweds plan to move out on their own, they recall a time before they knew they were the Charmed Ones, when the girls were coming to grips with the death of Grams, and Phoebe's departure to New York."





Since we have seen the Charmed Ones as little kids before, now it's time to see how they were right before their Grams died. The sisters have made reference to the fact that they weren't as close before they gained their powers, but I didn't know to what extreme until this episode came along. I'm so glad that Prue didn't end up marrying Rober, because from what we saw of him in the series premiere, he was a real ass. Prue deserves way better, and Roger wasn't it. The show never made it clear what Grams was actually dying of. They would show her getting chest pains, so I'm assuming it either had something to do with her heart or her lungs. I thought it was cool that even after the girls' mother died, Grams still let her be involved in their lives. I wonder why the sisters never questioned why Grams spent so much time in the attic until after her death. To me, that would have been the first clue that something fishy was going on. I also don't understand why Grams didn't tell them before she died that they were witches. I mean, they were all adults and could have handled it. I thought it was cool how they showed a glimpse of Leo in their past. Leo makes reference in later seasons that he'd been watching them since they were born, but this is the first time the show has actually ilustrated that. I found it funny how Prue and Phoebe reacted to Piper's wanting to move out of the manor. They were acting like Piper was personally punishing them, but how far they've come as sisters in the last three years I don't blame them. I don't know how, but for some reason gaining their powers and moving back in together, really healed their broken relationship. Now I bet they can't imagine living apart, but as Piper says, "We can't live together forever." I'm glad that at the end of the episode Piper finally came to her senses and decided to live at the manor, so for the time being Leo and Piper aren't going anywhere. Prue and Phoebe really do need to work on knocking though. How embarrassing was it for Phoebe to walk right into the bathroom while Leo and Piper were taking a shower? They could have been doing anything in there, granted the door should have been locked to begin with. I was glad to see though that Phoebe and Prue are willing to make so many accomodations to make sure their sister is happy. I was disappointed though that Leo and Cole didn't make appearances in this episode. After so many episodes with them in it, it just doesn't feel right for them not to be in one, like the episode is missing a big piece. "May the power of three set you free!" Keep reading and watching!









Peace, Love, and Charmed!

No comments: