Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Pardon My Past"

Description: "Phoebe experiences flashes of one of her past lives when she and her sisters were cousins in the 1920s. However, in this past life, Phoebe was evil and power mad and a curse was bestowed upon her that could affect future Phoebe's life."



Why does it seem like everytime the sisters time travel they're going to save Phoebe. It almost seems like Phoebe is a trouble magnet, and she doesn't cause any of the problems they're just effecting her present life. I praise the producers of the show for doing such a creative idea for an episode. I love how they touched upon the subject of past and future lives and how their reprecussions can interfere with present lives. That's not always an easy thing to do, and you have to have a good idea or it just comes out like crap. I found it quite interesting seeing the sisters and their relationships with other people in their past lives. I mean the Halliwells have had their ups and downs but they've never tried to kill eachother. The one thing I don't agree with about the writing of this episode, is making Dan the husband of Piper's past life. That is such a wild card to throw in there, but I guess it would have thrown the viewers off if Leo was her husband instead of her former love, even though it correlates with her present life. It also might have gotten viewers prematurely anticipating Leo and Piper getting back together, when it still doesn't happen for a couple more episodes. Dan is still bugging me with how concerned he is about Leo. If I could say one thing to him it would be, "Do you realize how your interfering, asking questions, and nosing around is affecting Piper? If you really care deeply about her (I refuse to use the "L" word), then you would just trust that she knows what's best for her and leave it be. Piper has a strong head on her shoulders and she has very good instincts, and if you can't trust that then you're a bigger a** then I originally thought you were." And that is honestly how I feel. As much as I LOVE the Piper and Leo relationship, I just want to see Piper happy. If Dan is the man to make her happy then fine, but he obviously isn't if she keeps second guessing breaking up with Leo. "May the power of three set you free!" Keep reading and watching!










Peace, Love, and Charmed!

No comments: