Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Awakened"

Description: "Piper contracts a life threatening tropical virus that leaves her in intensive care and on the brink of death. To try to save her life, Prue and Phoebe cast an 'awakening' spell, however, since the spell was used for personal gain, the sisters can no longer sleep, and Piper's sickness spreads into an epidemic as a direct consequence. Prue quits her job at Bucklands, and Phoebe enrolls in a University."


To me, this is one of the most emotional episodes in the whole series. I'm a huge Piper fan and she's my favorite character, so to see the sisters almost torn apart so tragically I didn't stop crying from beginning to end. I think this moment in their lives also brought the Halliwell sisters closer together, as they saw how it would be like if they were to almost lose a sister. Prue and Phoebe were willing to do whatever it took to save Piper, screw the consequences. My favorite quote in this episode is, "So let her be upset with us, but at least she'll be alive!" But I don't remember who said it. I don't blame Piper for not wanting them to contact Leo, because she's just starting to get used to not seeing him and opening up old wounds, so to bring him back would be difficult for both of them. But I'm glad that Prue and Phoebe went behind her back and contacted him anyway, because I was really starting to miss him. I found it very sweet that Leo was willing to save her no matter what the elders did to him. Even clipped his wings, as Leo revealed to Piper at the end of the episode. I was proud of Piper that she was willing to die in order to save all those innocent people who had gotten infected with Arroyo Fever because of their spell backfiring. It takes someone really brave to do that, I'm sure most of us wouldn't even be able to make that decision. But now that Leo has his wings clipped hopefully Piper will give him another chance. I'm not going to give anything away you guys but I will say this, you won't have to wait long! ;) I felt a little bit bad for Dan though (I know shocker! right?) when Piper woke up out of her coma after Leo healed her and called out Leo's name. It's sucks to be the third wheel in a love triangle, but as Dan will soon learn, you don't mess with destiny. "May the power of three set you three!" Keep reading and watching!


Peace, Love, and Charmed!

No comments: